Iowa Brewing Co.
Iowa Brewing Company; Brewing; Business
Iowa Brewing Company on the north side of Market Street between Linn Street and Gilbert Street in Iowa City, c. 1909. Founded as the Great Western Brewery in 1857, it was bought in 1873 by John Dostal and later run by his sons as the Dostal Brothers Brewery. After the brewery changed hands a final time in 1902, the new proprietors altered the name again, but kept the Dostals’ popular “Erlanger Beer” brand.
Johnson County Historical Society
1909; corner of Market Street and Gilbert Street, Iowa City, Iowa
Still Image Item Type Metadata